The hotel is the synergy of a Dushore historic home and new annex that was completed in November 2013. The original structure was built in the 1930’s by the M.J. Harrington family, who operated a dairy plant from the 1920’s – 1970’s in Dushore. The property was held by the Harrington family until 1982 when Dr. Jerry and Aimee Plastow purchased the property for their private residence and dental office combination. In 2009, the couple converted the residence into the five-guestroom, Harrington House Bed and Breakfast. The business grew and by the fall of 2012, a ten-room annex with laundry and exercise room were added, along with a new front entrance, lobby, breakfast area and other traditional hotel features. The name was changed to Hotel Harrington to recognize the Harrington history and to reflect the new style and amenities.