Welcome to the Hotel Harrington. It is our pleasure to have you as our guests. We strive to maintain high standards in all areas of the hotel operations. As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic of 2020, returning guests will find certain services and amenities have changed.
We have always been committed to the health and safety of our guests and staff. Because of COVID-19, we have implemented non-contact procedures and ways to prevent cross-contamination for guests and staff. Please read our COVID-19 response to find out more about our infection control measures.
HOTEL INFORMATION A-Z
The type and number of bath amenities provided to guests depends on the rate plan you booked. Economy rooms are BYO. Additional amenities are available to purchase at the front desk.
Post COVID-19 regulations, self-service breakfast buffet in public dining area is no longer available. Depend on the room and rate plan you booked, options range from no breakfast, a simple breakfast consisting of a danish or muffin to a Breakfast Tray consisting of continental items. Continental breakfast items are available to guests for a small fee at the front desk and should be requested at time of check-in and between the hours of 8 am-8 pm each subsequent day of their stay. There are several diners in the town of Dushore if you desire a more complete breakfast.
Hotel offers complimentary print, copy, and fax to registered guests for the first 5 pages and $0.50 for each additional page. Printing information is available at the front desk.
The hotel does not provide cots. Guest must provide their own crib/pack-n-play for infants and toddlers. Children must be supervised at all times and cannot be left unattended in guest rooms or allowed to roam hotel property unsupervised. There is no extra charge for children 5 and under when using existing beds; children occupying rooms with guardian do count towards occupancy levels which cannot be exceeded. Children 5 and older are charged EPF of $10. Families will need to rent multiple rooms if number of adults and children exceeds room’s occupancy. When renting multiple rooms, a primary guests of at least 21 years of age must be registered in room with children. At no time can children occupy a sleeping room without a 21 or older guardian.
Coffee can be made in-room using Kuerig machine. Some rate plans include K-cups; others do not. K-cups can be purchased at front desk for $1 each during the hours of 8 am – 8 pm. Guests are encouraged to bring their own favorite K-cup. Please note that in-room Kuerigs are designed for the hospitality industry and do not work like home units. Detailed instructions for use are provided in each room. Failure to follow proper steps will result in k-cup not brewing properly. Post COVID-19 regulations, fresh-brewed coffee is not available in a public dining area.
Hotel’s on-site restaurant, the 220 House is open Monday – Saturday. For more information, please see restaurant’s website www.220housepa.com
DO NOT DISTURB:
Since we are a small property and know our guest, we usually do not use “Do Not Disturb” markers. If you wish to be undisturbed during normal housekeeping hours, or are a day sleeper/night worker, please make arrangements through the Front Desk for room refreshing.
Fitness Center is for guests who are at least 18 years of age only. At no time should children/minors use machines even if accompanied by parent/guardian. Use of the Fitness Center for those over 18 is at your own risk. It is assumed that guests know their own limitations. Proper attire should be worn at all times, including shirt and shoes (no flip-flops or open-toe shoes). Equipment must be wiped down after use.
Due to COVID-19 guidelines, a screen has been installed at front desk. Although we have implemented non-contact check-in procedures, a certain amount of interaction with guests will be needed. Front Desk is staffed only from 8am – 8pm. Management is on-site 24-hours and can address any emergency or problem. Guests can use room phone to reach manager.
HEATING AND AIR CONDITIONING:
For your personal comfort, all rooms are equipped with individually controlled heating and cooling units. Although some windows are able to be opened and others are stationary, please be aware that opening room windows greatly increases outside noise.
Professional housekeeping services are available. Level of service depends on the room rate plan that you booked. Occupied rooms must be vacated while the housekeeping staff services a room. Please make arrangements with the Front Desk if you need to be in your room during these housekeeping hours. Although we respect your privacy, to verify guest’s safety and room condition, management reserves the right to enter a room at least every 48-hours. In addition, management reserves the right to enter a room at any time in the event of an emergency or if suspected illicit activity is occurring. Any unlawful activity on premises is reported to authorities.
At the present time, (depending on any additional COVID-19 restrictions), an ice/water machine is still available for guests use in the main lobby. Machine dispenses crushed ice and is suitable to fill in-room ice buckets and smaller thermoses, but NOT coolers. Ice for coolers may be obtained through the front desk during the hours of 8 am – 8 pm.
Complimentary wireless Internet is available throughout the building. Guest must agree to Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) before connecting. If you do not agree to AUP, internet will not work properly. If you are unable to connect, try deleting network and reinstalling it on your computer.
KITCHENWARE: Kitchenware for use in the microwave is no longer available in room and must be requested at the front desk. Additional fees are applied for kitchen packets when Economy rates are booked.
Guest Laundry Room/Self-Service Laundry
Coin-operated washer and dryers are located in the Guest Laundry Room on the lower level of the North Wing. Please note that these machines are HE (high-efficiency) and require HE detergents. To avoid over-sudsing problems, please do not over-fill the machines with detergent. In addition, do not overfill machines with too many garments or place heavy work/oil-filled clothing in machines. Make sure pockets are emptied and colors are sorted. Oil-saturated clothing should not be washed in machines. Machines take quarters only. Change for bills is available at the Front Desk between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. Cost of machines is as follows: Wash: $2.00 Super Wash: $3.00 Dryer: $0.25 per 8 minutes or $1.00 per half hour. IN-HOUSE VALET LAUNDRY: The hotel has an in-house, wash-dry-fold service for casual garments only. Clothing will be returned same-day if dropped off by 9 a.m. The cost is $2.00 per pound of laundry. FULL-SERVICE DRY CLEANING:
Troy Dry Cleaners provides free pick-up and delivery at the hotel on Tuesdays and Fridays. They can clean heavy garments/blankets, oilfield clothes and can do extra-starching. For more information, call Front Desk or Troy Cleaners directly at 800-364-8975.
The hotel has several parking lots. To the north and south sides of the hotel’s main entrance (from Route 220) there are several spaces including handicap parking. These spaces provide easy access to all areas of the hotel and are available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Additional parking lots (South and North Lots) can be accessed from Center Street behind the hotel. Center Street can be reached by exiting the main driveway and turning right (south on Route 220); taking next right on Christian Street by church; then turning right on Center Street. First driveway entrance is the South Lot and the third driveway entrance is the North Lot (lot before the hardware store). Please note that the second or middle driveway with garages is private.
Parking in the North Lot provides guests with internal access into the lower level of the hotel’s North Wing; when parking in the South Lot, an exterior pathway must be used to return to the main entrance. Guests may temporarily park in the loading zone in front of the main hotel entrance while checking in or out and dropping off passengers.
All rooms have private phones and we offer complimentary local and long distance service. If family, friends, and co-workers know your room number, they can reach you directly by calling the hotel’s main number (570-928-8939) and following the operator’s instructions on how to dial directly to your room. Otherwise, calls can be transferred to your room through the Front Desk. Cell service is usually pretty good around the hotel.
All guest rooms have cable TV service with 76 channels. A channel guide is available on the TV by pushing “Guide” button on TV remote.
TOWELS/PILLOWS/LINENS: Most rate plans include at least one set of towels per registered guests. Premium rate plans include two sets per guests. Extra fees are charged for additional towels when booking economy rooms. Towels can be requested at front desk during the hours of 8 am – 8 pm. As a result of COVID-19, a limited number of pillows is provided per bed. Guests are encouraged to bring their own. A fee of $10 per pillow is charged for additional pillows. Depending on rate plan, bed will have basic or luxury linen combination. A fee of $10- $20 is charged for extra linens depending on your needs.
Sodas, bottled water and small selection of breakfast items and bath amenities are for sale at the front desk during the hours of 8 am-8 pm. Next door to the hotel is a Family Dollar store that has snacks, sodas, and other conveniences. The town of Dushore is a 2-blocks to the north where you will find two quick stops that have extended hours.
RESERVATIONS/RATES/REGISTRATION: Your reservation is considered an agreement that you will abide by all hotel policies, terms and conditions, fees and procedures; and that you accept responsibility for room charges, room cancellation/modification and early departure fees.
- REGISTRATION SIGNATURE, indicating that you understand and accept this agreement will no longer be required at check- (COVID-19 regulation). Receiving your key is hereby considered a substitute for your signature and your agreement that you will abide by hotel policies, pay for all charges and take responsibility for any damages that may occur.
- DEPOSIT GUARANTEE Reservations are guaranteed with a non-refundable $25 room-hold deposit charged to a valid credit card in room occupant’s name. MasterCard, Visa, American Express and Discover are accepted. Deposit is applied towards room charges and covers fees for cancellations after booking and before deadlines (grace period). After grace period, cancellation fee is equal to one night’s room charges including taxes. (Refer to Cancellation policy in Confirmation email)
- VALID ID/PAYMENTS You must show a valid photo ID and credit card upon check-in. Cash payments require a valid credit card in guest’s name on file and must be settled at check-in. No checks are accepted.
- AUTHORIZATIONS are placed on your Debit/Credit card for the full amount of your stay plus damages. This process is a temporary hold on your funds until charges are posted for your stay. Once actual charges are posted it can take anywhere from 24-hours to 30 days for the original authorization to be removed by your bank. Hotel Harrington has no control over your bank’s policies and is not liable for penalties, charges or lack of available funds resulting from the authorization hold on your funds. Hotel is NOT able to remove authorizations directly. Guest is responsible for understanding the manner in which your bank processes authorizations and charges to credit/debit card.
- THIRD PARTY PAYMENTS require a Credit Card Authorization form which includes a copy of third parties’ driver’s license and the front and back of the signed credit card completed at least 24-hours prior to guest’s arrival. Registered guest is personally liable for hotel bill in the event that third-party defaults on payment and registered guest will need to present a personal credit card upon check-in.
- ADVANCE PAY RESERVATIONS are charged in full to credit card provided at the time of booking. Prepaid reservations are discounted nightly rates offered under no refund terms and conditions (i.e. non-cancellable, non-refundable, non transferable and non-redeemable for other goods and services).
- RATES are nightly and based on room occupancy, time of year, level of amenities, and length of stay. Some discounted rates are based on proof of eligibility. Higher nightly rate will be applied if number of nights reserved is reduced or guests cannot provide proof of eligibility for discounted rates with qualification (Senior, Military, Government etc.).