Welome to The Harrington Pipeline - the official blog of Hotel Harrington. The Pipeline is the place to go for the latest hotel news, specials, as well as happenings around Dushore, Sullivan County and the Endless Mountains Region.
The Hotel Harrington welcomes all the runners that will be in Sullivan County at Worlds End State Park on May 30, 2015 for the Worlds End Ultramarathon - a challenging foot race that explores the Loyalsock Trail, Loyalsock State Forest and Worlds End State Park in the Endless Mountains of Pennsylvania.
Get all the creature comforts that you need at the area's premier hotel in Dushore, the Hotel Harrington. Our rooms are stylish and comfortable with lots of amenities.
For more information about the foot race http://worldsendultra.com/
Looking for that last minute Holiday gift?
It's simple to purchase Hotel Harrington or 220 House Bar and Grill Gift Certificates online anytime of the day or night
Just log on to either website, click "Gift Certificates" and purchase Hotel or Restaurant gift certificates in several easy steps
Pay online with PayPal and print out Gift Certificate. Certificates are automatically recorded in our system and you will receive an email confirmation of purchase.
Purchase Hotel Gift Certificate
Purchase 220 House Bar and Grill Gift Certificates
From our family to yours….
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
1. Centrally located between two PA State Parks - Worlds End and Ricketts Glen
2. On-site restaurant, the 220 House Bar and Grill
3. Contemporary rooms with all the comforts of home
4. Variety of discount rate plans - seniors, military, seasonal5, advance pay
5. Great in-town location - close to Dushore town square at the intersection of Routes 220, 87 and 487
6. Professional staff providing the utmost in hospitality
7. Coin and valet laundry services
8. In room phones with free nationwide calling, voice mail and wake-up calls
9. Daily self-serve breakfast bar
10. Coffee-maker, mini frig and freezer and microwave
Although there are lots of things to do outside the Hotel Harrington, here's the lowdown on what you can do inside the hotel. You've heard it said, "It's not the outside that counts, but rather it's the inside."
1. Eat Dinner at the 220 House Bar and Grill
2. Take-out dinner from 220 House Bar and Grill
3. Sleep in king or queen bed
4. Dream on foam top mattresses
5. Relax under a rain shower
6. Eat breakfast
7. Search the web with high-speed WiFi
8. Call home or nationwide for free using in-room phone
9. Watch a movie on HDTV
10. Workout in Fitness Room
11. Chill food in room refrigerator
12. Make a cup of coffee using in-room Keurig machine
13. Wash clothes in HE machines
14. Get snacks and sodas in vending machines
1. Hike over 46 miles of trails
2. Listen to waterfalls at Ricketts Glen
3. Swim in Lake Jean or the Loyalsock Creek
4. Walk the Loyalsock Trail
5. Photograph the Canyon Vista
6. Rent a canoe at Lake Jean
7. See and endless sea of mountains at High Knob overlook
8. Bird watch along the falls trails
9. Hunt in season
10. Fish in the Loyalsock
1. Ride the toboggan slide in Eagles Mere.
2. Attend the Wild Game Dinner in February.
3. Compete in Ice fishing, ice carving and human dog sled races at Winterfest in February.
4. Ice skate Kast Pond.
5. X-country ski in state forests and parks.
6. Ice fish in Kast Pond or Lake Jean.
7. See the alpacas at the Alpaca Farm
8. Warm-up at the wineries.
9. Snowmobile on public lands.
10. Take a sleigh ride.
Winter is no reason to stay inside all day. Besides, winter months bring on a whole new set of fun activities. There are so many benefits to being active outdoors. A good way to cut calories and lose weight, winter activities can double as workouts. The fresh air makes us feel better, and it’s a lot more fun and inexpensive than watching TV or surfing the Internet all day.
State Land winter open dates, activities, rules, etc. can change unexpectedly. Always check at the gate or visitor centers for the most current information. Water-proof hiking boots or snowboots are essential if you plan to hike. Additional traction devices are necessary to traverse the most popular trails.
Hotel Harrington announces the opening of its on-site, restaurant and bar called the 220 House. The 220 House is open daily at 5 pm. Kitchen is open until 8pm Sunday through Thursday and until 9 pm Friday and Saturday. Bar stays open for another hour. The restaurant has an eclectic menu of appetizers and entrees. At the bar you will find tap, bottles and can beer and wine. Your favorite spirits can be mixed by our computerized "Smartbar" or the bartender on duty.
Make your reservation for a room at the hotel and dinner at the 220 House. For menu and more information www.220housepa.com
Restaurant and Bar is open to the public.
Please check our website for job openings. We have positions open in both the hotel and in our bar and grill, the 220 House.
These 10 activities are 70 minutes or less from Dushore.
1. Visit the Little League Museum in Williamsport
2. Go underground in Coal Mine Tour in Scranton
3. Golf at Mill Race in Benton, Towanda Country Club, Tunkhannock Stonehedge
4. Shop the Lycoming Mall
5. Catch the latest movie releases at Tunhannock Dietrich , Towanda Bradford Theatre and Lycoming Mall United Theater
6. Ski at Snow Mountain in Scranton or Elk Mountain in ?
7. Bowl at the Starlight Lanes in Towanda
8. Cheer at a Williamsport’s minor league Crosscutter’s game
9. Ride the train at National Historic Steamtown
10. Attend the Bill Town Blue Festival in Hughesville in June